There’s a lot consider when planning for a kitchen remodel. To help make the important decisions, here’s a list of the Top 5 features of any kitchen remodeling project!
- Appliances. Appliances will arguably be the most utilized feature of your kitchen remodel, so choosing the right ones for your home is critical- not just for the look and feel of your kitchen, but also for your budget! Make sure you look for energy-saving models, and those that are well-built, especially if you have a lot of kitchen traffic from friends and family.
- Counters. Countertop style and color typically drive the look of your kitchen remodel. Whether you choose granite or quartz, you’re going to want a material that lasts. Flexibility may also be important to you. A neutral countertop can coexist with a number of different colors- so in a couple years when your spouse decides that a “red” kitchen is no longer the answer, you can refresh your kitchen colors without paying for new countertops again.
- Cabinetry. Storage is a big concern in kitchens, and making sure your storage is beautiful is just as important! Your cabinetry must make sense for your remodel, both in form and function. Today’s cabinetry manufacturers offer more custom features than ever before, so it’s important to know what’s best for you and your family. For example: don’t have a Keurig coffee machine? Then you can probably pass on the custom K-Cup drawer.
- Tile & Backsplash. Choosing the right tile means not just flooring, but also the backsplash around your countertops. The backsplash area can range from inexpensive options like paint & wallpaper, to more expensive choices such as glass and porcelain tile. Like most aspects of a remodel, the more you spend, the higher quality of material you will get, and the longer it will last.
- Hardware. From larger hardware choices such as lighting and faucets, down to the smallest of cabinet handles, beautiful hardware can add the finishing touch that really makes a new kitchen shine. You’ll want hardware that is easy to clean, and tough enough to withstand the hands, heat, steam, and water of a busy kitchen. You’ll also want to make sure that the hardware you want is available in the finish you desire, whether that be brass, copper, stainless, or oiled bronze. There’s a lot to choose from!
Get the best advice on these Top 5 kitchen remodeling features by calling The JAE Company! We have the staff and experience needed to make your kitchen remodel dreams a reality. Contact us today!