Kitchen Islands are known for adding additional counter space and storage to your home. But often overlooked is how an island can give you new space for the convenience of appliances! Here’s a list of some great appliance options when designing your new kitchen island.
- Stove Top. We do most of our hosting in the kitchen, so why not put your stove in the middle of the action? Moving the stove may help with the flow of your kitchen and free up counter space under cabinetry around the outside of the room.
- Sink / Wet Bar. If you’ve got a busy kitchen, moving the sink to the kitchen island can give everyone access to it. The added counter space of the island may also give you the choice of a larger sink, if that’s important to you. Another option is to add a “wet bar” sink for additional convenience when hosting.
- Dishwasher. If you currently lack under-the-counter space for a dishwasher, a new kitchen island may provide the room you were looking for. And if you’ve got an especially large family, even two dishwashers can be an option in your island.
- Wine cooler. You may not have room for that wine cellar you’ve always dreamed about, but adding a wine cooler to your kitchen island is a welcome addition for any wine aficionado. Small beverage refrigerators such as these can be great for hosting too.
- Trash compactor. Nothing can ruin the beauty of a kitchen faster than a trash can, especially if you’ve got a big family. A trash compactor gives you a tidy and discreet place for waste, while helping to minimize the amount of trash you have to take to the curb on trash day.
If you don’t have space for these types of amenities in your current kitchen, a kitchen island might just be the answer you were looking for. Appliances in your kitchen island are not only convenient, but can increase the resale value of your home.Contact the JAE Company today to get started on your own kitchen island! We have the staff and expertise to help. Call today!